Make a Donation
Help others in need. Please give now and make a difference. Prevent homelessness. Keep a family’s lights on. Shelter a homeless family. Provide affordable rental housing. There are many ways to help people in need through St. Vincent de Paul.
Charitable cash donations are always welcome. Please give now and make a difference in the lives of others.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul District Council of North Broward is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult your tax adviser for more information.
Donations by Mail
If you prefer to send a donation by mail, please send a check or money order to:
Society of St. Vincent de Paul District Council of North Broward
2323 N Dixie Hwy
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
What Else Can I Donate?
Your donations are the lifeblood of our business, and we thank you in advance for your support.
Thrift Store and Truck Pick-up Donations
All non-cash donations will be accepted at the discretion of staff at the donation center. We have to pay to dispose of items that cannot be reused or recycled, which takes away from our charitable mission.
Items accepted at our Donation Center/ Thrift Stores and by Truck Pick-Up:
- Clothing, shoes, belts, purses, hats, jewelry
- CDs/DVDs/VHS tapes and working VCR’s
- Dishes/glasses/cutlery, household appliances and electronics
- Household and office furniture
- Pots, pans, and other kitchen equipment
- Bedding and linens
- Knick-knacks, baskets, and other decorative items
- Holiday decorations; Halloween costumes
- Arts and crafts items, pictures and picture frames
- Sports equipment
- Most metal equipment (cans, bikes, lawn and garden, old barbecues)
- Computers and consumer electronics (more info)
- Small TV’s (picked up as part of a larger load)
- Appliances (refrigerator, freezer, range, washer, dryer)
- Baby grand pianos
- Re-sellable mattresses, boxsprings, and futon mattresses (non-sellable mattresses are not accepted by truck pick-up: stains, odors, torn fabric, etc.)
Charitable Gift Annuities
Note that we are very happy to announce that the Miami Council of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul now has the capability to offer Charitable Gift Annuities to the Society membership and to interested supporters.SVdP has recently completed a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) through our National Donations Campaign, which will provide income for life to the son of our donor, as well as establish a new SVdP investment fund for disaster relief.
Your Charitable Gift Annuity with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Council South Florida:
- will provide you—or you and your spouse—with a regular annual income for life;
- will provide you with an income tax deduction and partial tax relief on your annuity payments; and,
- will “help those who help the poor”
Charitable Gift Annuities are a simple way to help the Society’s Archdiocesan Council, while still maintaining a lifetime interest in your donated assets. This is how it works: you, as donor, transfer cash or securities (minimum of $10,000) to SVdP SouthFlorida in exchange for guaranteed payments for life (or for the joint lives of you and your spouse). So, you receive a regular income, or annuity, as well as an income tax deduction—for the value of your donation less the present value of the annuity payments (based upon IRS tables). Also, a percentage of the annuity payments you receive are tax-free (that percentage is determined when the annuity is created).
Here is an example of how a charitable gift annuity works:
Assume an individual, age 70, transfers $10,000 cash to SVdP in exchange for a charitable gift annuity. SVdP then will pay this individual $650 per year (a 6.5% current return rate). In addition to the annual payment of $650 (a portion of which will be received tax-free), the individual will receive an immediate tax deduction of 38% of the value of the transferred assets (based upon current IRS rates). The rate of return for your annuity goes up with age; for instance, the current rate of return (for your annual annuity payment) for a person aged 70 years is 6.5%, which rate increases to 7.1% at 75 years, 8.0% at 80 years, 9.5% at 85 years, and so on.
For further info or to establish a charitable gift annuity with SVdP South Florida, please contact:
Jim Werle, SVDP South Florida CFO
Regional Director of Development, Society of St. Vincent de Paul Council South Florida
Phone: (954) 234-7986
Other Ways to Give
- Make a Bequest. You can support people in need by making a bequest to St. Vincent de Paul in your will.
- Matching Gift. Does your company offer a matching gift program? Double your gift’s impact by sending your company’s matching gift form with your donation to: St. Vincent de Paul, 9401 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33138.
- Donate Stock. To donate stock to St. Vincent de Paul, please contact Rebecca Larson at (541) 743-7121.
- Donate Items. Donations of clothing, personal goods, and other items helps us to provide these things to people in need, and to raise funds for our charitable programs.
- Sponsor a Benefit. We have three major events in the year, all of which benefit local kids. Sponsorships from businesses are crucial to helping these kids. Learn more about how your business can participate.
The National Vehicle Donation Program
St. Vincent de Paul also accepts cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, RVs, boats and other motorized vehicles. We also accept some truck canopies. Please visit our Vehicle Donation page.